“Internists are like sherlockian exactly figuring case from the clues”
Acute and internal medicine forms the foundation of most other medical specialties. Therefore over 99% of trainees opt for dual-training in internal medicine with another subspecialty. The acute medicine programme provides another option for this training. Specific core competencies are assessed to ensure good medical practice.
All internists are a strange mixture of detective and engineer at heart. We are attracted to internal medicine first because we want to solve the problem of people which they face by getting sick. We feel the pain when someone suffers, when someone presents with a complex of symptoms that causes them pain. The enthusiasm to know the reasons for the patients suffering and to attack the reasons for the suffering drives internists. Once a doctor understands the reason for the problem, he/she cannot rest until it is fixed. We have to intervene, identify the reasons for its occurrence and solve it. Internal medicine therefore encompasses both the diagnostic work of a medical detective and the interventional work of an engineer as we try to rebuild on patient health. The reward of it seeing someone gets out of the hospital with sound and healthy condition. Our department always motivates us to take care of the patients with utmost care. Our department is based on the twin principles of caring and investigation. These principles not only define us as a group, they also drive what we do, we want to rejoice with the patients when they get out of the hospital. Their triumph is our triumph as well. We want to not just be professional but also be caring, so we cherish courtesy, kindness and generosity. I’m dept has its motto to systematically relieve human suffering this underlying principle is the driving force for all the members of our dept.
Some of the services provided in Internal medicine department here at Yashomati Hospital are;
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infection
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Chronic Cough
- Reflux Esophagitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Bacteria eradication
- Ulcer disease
Nephrology and urinary system
- Renal colic & stones
- Nephropathy related to Diabetes Mellitus or other causes.
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Dialysis unit
The service aims to provide a dynamic, innovative, forward-thinking and multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment and the management of diabetes. Our clinical specialists are committed to providing support and the best standards of care to people with diabetes so that their condition is controlled as well as possible.
- Pituitary gland diseases
- Thyroid gland diseases
- Thyroid gland masses and tumors
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol, high triglyceride)
- Commence and education for injectable therapies
- Dedicated transition and young adult service
- Telephone advisory service
- Dietetic service including joint diabetes nurse and dietician consults.
- Group education: Berger and Desmond programmes,
- Insulin pump course, trouble shooting and management
- Continuous glucose monitoring sensor
- Pre-conceptual care and management of diabetes during pregnancy
- Dedicated diabetes nurse for:
- Diabetes secondary to other causes such as pancreatic related disorders, trauma or steroid therapy
- Cystic fibrosis related diabetes.
- Patients on renal dialysis
- Hepatitis B and C treatment
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Elevated Liver enzymes
- Treatment of all types of anemia
- Executive check up