“Eustachian is the only person who connects the three –E-N-T”
The department of otorhinolaryngology (ENT) work closely with the audiology and hearing therapy department providing outpatient services to people of any ages and a primary ciliary dyskinesia service for both adults and children and thereby provides diagnosis and comprehensive treatments of ear, nose and throat diseases as well as treatments for hearing and balance. This dept provides a service in general and specialized sections (otoneurology, otology, endocrinology, rhinology & oncology) as well as consulting services for inpatients. We also provide assessment services for applicants of the Corporate. The clinic is equipped with oto-microscopes, endoscopes, flexible video-laryngostroboscopes, videokymograph, flexible autofluorescence endoscope, NBI (Narrow Band Imaging) endoscope, sialoendoscope, infusion and inhalation systems. The Audiology Section is equipped with modern clinical audiometers and tympanometers. The Otoneurology Laboratory is equipped with videooculography systems and the stabilometric platform.
- Provision of treatment of external and middle ear diseases as well as surgery of the facial nerve. We also provide after care for our patients.
- Provision of treatment of inner ear diseases (and their effects) and diseases of the vestibular system (cause of vertiginous states).
- Provision of treatment of nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses including subsequent post-operative care.
- Confirming patients for thyroid surgery and parathyroid glands.
- Monitoring of patients with tumors in the ENT field.
The ENT Department provides a complete range of operations in the field of ear surgery including operations of stapes, facial nerve surgery, head and neck oncologic surgery, microsurgery of the larynx, laser surgery, thyroid and parathyroid glands, salivary gland surgery (including sialoendoscopy) functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS), skull base surgery, endoscopic paranasal sinus surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery of the external ear and nose as well as removal of the tonsils using the techniques of endoscopic assisted adenoidectomy. The department also provides conservative treatments of acute cases and offers a complete range of services in audiology (hearing loss tests) and otoneurology.