“Great skin doesn’t happen by chance. It happens by appointment & it’s true!”
Our dermatology department main aim is to deliver a friendly, professional service. Our professional staffs are always on hand to advise and carry out effective, result driven treatments at affordable prices. We are specialists in laser hair reduction, Polaris laser red vein removal, medical grade glycolic peels, medical grade microdermabrasion and a host of other worthwhile beauty treatments. diagnoses and treats skin cancers (including melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer) as well as inflammatory diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, infections and skin cancer.
The skin is the largest and most visible organ of the body. It reflects the health of the body and acts as a barrier against injury and bacteria. Unfortunately, at one time or another, nearly everyone has some type of skin disease – infants, children, teenagers, adults and the elderly. One in six (15%) of all visits to the family doctor (GP) involves a skin problem. Common skin diseases include.
- Skin cancer
- Fungal infections
- Psoriasis – a skin disorder.
- Acne affects every teenager to one degree or another.
- Hand dermatitis, resulting from external contact with detergents and household chemicals, affects most women with young families.
- One in six of all children develop atopic eczema
- One in five persons suffers from cold sores (herpes simplex).
Dermatologists perform skin surgery in many situations:
- To prevent or provide early control of disease, eg remove skin cancer.
- To improve the skin’s appearance by removing growths, discolorations, or damage caused by ageing, sunlight or disease.
- To establish a definite diagnosis (biopsy).
Some of the other features we are bringing in are clinics treating chronic inflammatory disease, general assessment clinics, a hidradenitis suppurativa clinic and a specialised female dermatology clinic treating genital dermatological conditions and services such as :
- Outpatients clinics
- In-patient consult service
- Cutaneous surgery
- Photo-dynamic therapy
- Cutaneous allergy investigations (patch testing)
- Nurse specialist clinics
- Nurse treatment clinics
Arrange to see a dermatologist as soon as possible when symptoms of skin disease appear, or when current therapy is ineffective. Expert diagnosis, rapid cure, or good management means decreased cost and less suffering. Some dermatologists prefer that you are referred by your general practitioner but many will see you by self referral.